With the phase-out of Nextel push-to-talk (PTT) technology in mid-2013, industry leaders are quickly creating more efficient and technologically advanced PTT solutions to capture Nextel’s old customer base. It didn’t take long for the large carriers to realize the opportunities in the PTT market. As a result, AT&T developed AT&T Enhanced PTT, a PTT solution for AT&T’s enterprise customers. While AT&T’s solution offers PTT capability, it doesn’t offer much else. No additional features to an eighty-year-old technology.
Here are four ways Voxer Business gives you the flexibility, functionality and convenience your PTT service deserves in the 21st century:
1. Voxer is both Live and Recorded: With AT&T’s Enhanced Push-to-Talk you are limited to strictly live messages. Simliar to traditional 2-way radios, if a message is sent, and someone isn't on the other end to receive it immediately, the message is lost and cannot be replayed. With Voxer Business, every message is sent live and saved at the same time. Employees can replay messages later if information was missed, and even listen to messages sent days prior, ensuring that every individual has access to the information they need at any time.
2. Voxer is Cross-Carrier: All messages on Voxer are sent using data, if data is unavailable, Voxer will switch over to WiFi. This enables Voxer to work on any carrier in the world so long as you have access to the Google Play Store, iTunes Store, or Windows Store. With Enhanced Push-to-Talk by AT&T, you are limited to AT&T’s network and are only able to send and receive messages within the AT&T PTT network. Don’t limit your company to one carrier, Voxer Business works between carriers so recipients, no matter who their carrier is, are able to receive your messages.
3. Not limited to strictly voice: Voxer Business gives you the flexibility to send text and picture messages as well. If you are someplace quiet and a voice message isn’t appropriate, a text vox can do the trick. You can also send pictures which can be hugely beneficial on work sites or with distributed teams working in different locations.
4. Any device: As mentioned, Voxer runs on data or WiFi if data is unavailable, this not only enables Voxer to work on any carrier but a wide variety of devices as well. You won’t be limited to AT&T’s select Enhanced Push-to-Talk phones. Use Voxer Business on any Android device, iOS device (including iPads and iPods), or Windows Phone 8 device. Voxer Business even works on your desktop or laptop with Voxer for Web.
These are just four reasons why Voxer Business is the smartest two-way radio on the planet. If you have any questions, please contact our sales team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the core functionalities of Voxer Business, is the administrative control it gives managers, owners, and founders. You own the all of the data, you decide what happens to that data, and you create your own private network of users. This week, we’re happy to introduce a new feature that allows for even more administrative control, multi-admin support.
Depending on the structure and needs of your organization, one administrator for your Voxer Business account may not be enough. With newly added multi-admin support, businesses can assign admins to different departments or teams. By assigning admins to departments, managers are easily able to add or remove employees to their team. Multi-admin support is a also a great feature for remote teams spread out across different geographical locations. Through assigning admins to location, they are better able to manage the employees they work the closest with. Or use multi-admin support as additional dispatching support. Create multiple dispatchers with administrative privileges to ensure dispatchers only receive messages pertinent to their team of drivers.
As always, if you have any questions about multi-admin support, please get in touch with our support team by emailing email@example.com.
As some of you may have noticed, we recently released two brand new Voxer Business features for both Android and Voxer for Web that can continue contributing to improved communication at your company. We’re happy to bring you message forwarding and read receipts!
Read Receipts: Small notifications located below a message that indicate the status of your message. One of three read receipts will be displayed below your message depending on the messages’ status. Below are the three read receipts you will see.
Sent: A sent message means the message has been sent from your device and is en route to the recipient.
Delivered: Your message has been delivered to the other person(s) device and has not been viewed/listened to.
Heard/Read: The recipient(s) has heard or read your message.
Voxer Business users can use the Read Receipt feature by logging into the Android consumer Voxer app and logging in with your business credentials. The app will function exactly the same as your Voxer Business app. You can also use Read Receipts on the Voxer for Web client.
Message Forwarding: enables you to forward messages you sent or received on Voxer Business to other Voxer Business users that were not in the original chat. It works the same as forwarding your emails. Message forwarding is a great way to share information with others that would benefit from knowing it but weren’t in the original conversation.
Message forwarding is available on both the Android consumer client (again, please log in with your Voxer Business credentials) and is also available on Voxer for Web.
Have questions? Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
After initially launching Voxer for Web for Chrome back in October, we received a lot of requests from various business customers for Internet Explorer support. Our web team has been working away and we’re happy to announce IE9, IE10, and IE11 support for Voxer for Web!
In your browser, go to https://web.voxer.com, and sign in using your Voxer Business credentials. Once you log in, you will be walked through a start-up flow that looks like the image below. Scroll to the right using the arrows to go through the entire flow. At the fifth slide, be sure to enable access to your microphone to ensure you'll be able to send audio. To do this, choose your microphone > select "Allow" and select "Remember" > the pop-up will disappear > select the microphone you allowed one last time.
Please note, as long as you select "Remember" you will only need to enable your microphone upon your first time logging in.
Voxer for Web enables you to send voice messages, images, and texts the exact way you do from the app, but from your desktop or laptop.
Voxer user Stacia and her EdTech friends initially began using Voxer to share their daily challenges and victories of their daily, professional lives. Today, because of Voxer, they've become much more than professionals learning from one another. This is their Voxer story.
Over the past year and a half, I have met some amazing educators who share my passion and vision for technology in education. Four of us - Cat, Jaime, Kate, and I met at an educational conference. We enthusiastically shared what we learned from the conference and eventually created a weekly professional hangout where we share our expertise in education. Over time, our circle increased to include Amy, Allison, and Rodney, who were faithful followers of our "show" and just as passionate about technology and education. .
Within this diverse group of individuals, a few of us never met "face-to-face" because we live in different areas. One evening, after a show, we began playing around with Voxer and immediately fell in love with the app. With a variety of backgrounds in education and technology, all of us seemed to work in positions where there's a tendency to feel "alone". Voxer offered us the chance to belong to a virtual "department" of sorts. We began sharing our struggles and successes via Voxer. Many times, in sharing our struggles, we were able to relate to one another and offer suggestions and solutions. And, when successes were shared, the group genuinely felt a sense of pride.
We loved Voxer so much because we could hear each other. We heard passion, excitement, disappointment, frustration, a variety of feelings that are hard to translate through written word. Immediately, the dynamics of how we communicated and what we communicated evolved.
Within two weeks, our conversations morphed from mostly professional to highly personal. As we shared the highs and lows of our personal stories concerning our childhood, education, past jobs, relationships, parenting, etc., it gave us a clearer picture of the resilience and brilliance of one another.
Yes, we still have very meaningful conversations about our days, our struggles, our successes; however, I cannot describe how wonderful it is to have people, who feel like close friends, give me their honest, personal, and yes, professional feedback. This group of like-minded educators, who initially met at a conference (where connections made often stay on a professional level), has developed into something so much great, much in part to our daily Voxer dialogue.
Xtreme Snow Pros is a professional snow management company that provides upscale services to commercial clients in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut. The company uses the latest technology and equipment to provide clients such as BMW's North American Headquarters and Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City with top-notch service.
Managing over 70 seasonal employees working across a tri-state area (New york, Connecticut and New Jersey) proved complicated for owner Chris Marino. They contemplated spending $50,000 on Motorola radios, plus another $40 a month per user, until they found Voxer Business. They downloaded the Voxer Business app directly onto their seasonal employee's phones, without having to purchase any extra equipment.
"We have to coordinate with more than 70 seasonal employees working across the region so we were searching for a cost-effective communication system to help dispatch, monitor, manage, and communicate with staff," Chris explained to TMCnet. "Once we discovered the feature set available with Voxer Business, and that the subscription only cost per user/per month, we immediately knew we were choosing an affordable and full service communication solution for our particular business needs."
Three features stood out to Chris immediately:
1. The superior controls provided by Voxer Business make it easy for Chris to onboard and remove seasonal employees, as well as pay for the exact number of accounts he needs, when he needs them.
2. The location data attached to every message sent on Voxer enables workers to send a vox when they get to the job location, saving the entire team time and money because employees no longer need to check in at a physical location.
3. They have fewer customer complaints because employees send photos of their jobs once they are completed, and a manager can approve the job on Voxer for Web and send the employee home, and then also send the photo directly to their customers.
These are just three ways Voxer Business has equipped Xtreme Snow Pros with the best technology to stay connected and ahead of Mother Nature when the winter storms hit. To learn more about how Chris and the Xtreme Snow Pros team are using Voxer Business, read the full case study.