'Tis the season! We can't get enough of the holiday spirit here at Voxer. We've decorated our tree, chilled the eggnog, released new holiday themes, all that is left is the caroling and we want your help!
We want to hear your best Christmas carols, via Voxer of course. Send us your best Christmas carol (with friends or bust out a solo) and you could win the Voxer Christmas giveaway! The Voxer Christmas giveaway includes a Voxer hooded sweatshirt, t-shirt, reusable water bottle, and headphones!
1. Find Christmas Carol in your Voxer app. You can search for Christmas Carol by the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Vox us your best Christmas carol - the more creative, silly, and Christmasy the better!
3. We'll vox you back letting you know that we received your carol.
4. Check our Facebook page on Friday to find out the winners!
*Open to U.S. residents only. To win, you must live in the United States and have a valid shipping address in the United States. Must be a Voxer user and submit an original recording to win. Contest closes at midnight on Thursday December 19, 2013.
FYI: The best 5 carols we receive will be posted on our Voxer blog and a link to the blog will be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. Your name, profile photo, location and any other personal information will be removed. We will only include a link to play the vox and your first name. By submitting a vox to email@example.com, you are agreeing to these terms. The top 4 runner up carols will receive Voxer t-shirts.
We're often asked how much data Voxer uses to run on your phone. To keep things simple, we typically tell users that Voxer uses about as much data as your email app. Similar to other apps, depending on your wireless plan and phone settings, Voxer uses either WiFi or data to send your messages.
All messages on Voxer; audio, text and image messages are sent using data. If data is unavailable, Voxer will switch over to WiFi.
The infographic below dives deeper into the amount of data used by Voxer. As you can see, 1 GB of data would be 1.5 million text messages and 75,000 voice messages of an average length of 8-10 seconds! That's some heavy voxing!
How many voxes do you send on average per month? Do you typically send voice or text messages? Have other questions about Voxer's data usage? Please leave them in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy voxing!
Earlier this week, we released a new version of Voxer for Android, version 1.4 with improvements for free and Pro users. Plus newly added features to make your voxing experience on Android the best yet!
Fixes to audio issues on Samsung S3 and S4 devices - If you are still experiencing any audio issues, please contact support.
New notification options: You can now get silent notifications - you see the visual notification but no sound will play for chats. You can also select different notification tones for your chats and be notified of new messages, even when you are in Voxer.
What's New in Pro:
New Holiday theme: Update to 1. 4 for a brand new theme just in time for the holidays!
Questions or feedback? Please let us know by writing in the comments below. Or get in touch with us directly by emailing email@example.com.
A recent Siemens study found that more than 40% of the work week is spent managing communication inefficiencies. Many of these communication inefficiencies are a result of email overload, telephone tag, and constant interruptions throughout the day from your inbox or phone. Email and phone calls cause interruptions in your work day, making you and your team less productive.
Better, smarter communication solutions can reduce wasted time, boost productivity and increase profits. At Voxer, we understand what wastes time at companies, and what helps them become more productive. For nearly five years, we've worked to develop one of the smartest and quickest communication solutions on the market: Voxer Business.
We call Voxer Business 'The Next Generation of Push-to-Talk' because Voxer gives you the instant voice you get with traditional push-to-talk solutions, coupled with the respond when you want to convenience of texting. Here are two ways Voxer Business can drastically reduce the amount of inefficient communication at your business:
1. Cut Down on Phone Calls: If a phone call is made each time something needs to get done, large amounts of time are spent dialing numbers, waiting for someone to pick up, exchanging pleasantries, leaving voicemails and so on. Over time, this can be hugely expensive for a business. Voxer Business is a faster way to communicate because it's a live messaging service. Your voice can be heard in real-time, but everything is also simultaneously recorded and saved as a message.
2. Reduce Email Volume: Almost everyone has been confronted at one point or another with email overload. A recent survey by the technology market research firm, Radicati Group, reports that a typical email user sends and receives about 105 emails per day! Much of the back and forth of email can be eliminated with Voxer Business. Replace the lengthy back and forth of email with short audio messages sent from your phone or desktop.
These are just a couple of ways Voxer Business can streamline your organization's communication, limit distractions, and overall, increase your company output. To learn more ways Voxer Business can help communication at your company, please download our White Paper: 6 Reasons Your Company Needs Voxer Business.
It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another installment of Walkie Wednesday. On Walkie Wednesdays, we share tips and tricks for the optimal Voxer experience.
This week, we're diving into Location Sharing. Voxer's Location Sharing feature enables you to view your friend's location of the last vox they sent. With Location Sharing, friends can view your location too. This feature can come in handy if you're trying to meet up with a friend and want to know their ETA. Or if you are meeting up with someone and need to know where they are. It's especially useful if you are traveling with friends or a large group.
How it Works: To view your location, open a chat and select a message you sent, select the location pin in the bottom right hand side of the chat and a map will appear showing the location of that vox. To view a friends location, perform the same steps.
How to Turn it On/Off: You have the ability to turn Location Sharing off. By default, Location Sharing will be enabled in your Voxer app. To turn off Location Sharing or turn it back on go to settings > your account > switch "Location" on or off.
How are you using Location Sharing on Voxer? Let us know in the comments below.
Questions or feedback? You know the drill. Please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recently launched Voxer for Web, the complete push-to-talk Voxer experience you have with the Voxer app, now available on your laptop or desktop! Our web team has been listening to your feedback, and we are happy to announce Voxer for Web 1.2.0 is now available for all Voxer Business users. Version 1.2.0 is complete with new improvements that will make your Voxer for Web experience the best yet.
1. Increased Speed: Clicking the Push-To-Talk button used to create a one-two second lag before you could begin recording, this has been fixed and now works instantaneously! The increased speed cuts down the message sending time by over ninety-eight percent!
2. Chat Width: Chats are no longer stretched to fit the screen when switching from multiple chat windows to the only one open at a time. Chat windows are now sized accordingly to the width of the screen and number of chats you have open.
3. Image Scaling: Image sizing has been improved too! Opened images are now scaled to the size of the screen.
We hope these improvements make your experience on Voxer for Web even better! Questions or feedback? Please let us know in the comments below or reach out to us directly by emailing email@example.com.