Hear ye! Hear ye! We are happy to announce the release of a new feature on Voxer – Broadcast Chat, available on Android and iOS. Ever had an important message get lost in the group chatter? If so, this feature will be especially helpful for you.
Neato, but how does it work?
1. Hit the Compose button in the lower, right-hand corner of the Chats screen.
2. A new window will open: New Chat. Select Broadcast chat and enter recipients from your Contacts list.
3. Tap Create and enter your message using voice, text and/or images.
4. Important note! No one will be able to respond to this message. It is merely an announcement. Ya savvy?
1. Go to Contacts. Select the user or users you would like to send a one-way message to.
2. A pop-up bar will then appear at the bottom of the screen. To Broadcast Chat, select On.
3. Tap the Create Broadcast Chat button, and you’re good to go.
4. Important note! No one will be able to respond to this message. It is merely an announcement.
Cool, but what do I use it for?
Use it for announcements, event reminders, inspirational notes, or welcome messages. Whatever works for you and your team.
One final note.
While any Voxer user can receive a Broadcast Chat, only Pro users may send them. Sorry, peeps, it’s how it goes. Upgrade to Pro now, and it’s yours. (To do so, select the Upgrade to Pro banner in the app.)
We love feedback!
Give it a go, and tell us how you like it. Comment here, or send us feedback in the app.
The Voxer Team
*If you don’t see Broadcast Chat in the Voxer app (iOS & Android only), make sure that you’re on the latest version.