If you’re a Voxer Business user on an Android device, we have some exciting news… We recently launched a brand new app for Voxer Business users that you can access and download from Google Play with loads of exciting new features!
If you are currently using the Voxer Business app found in Google Play, please download the consumer Voxer App, named “Voxer”, also found in Google Play to access all the new features. You can then uninstall the “Voxer Business” app from your device.
Download Voxer version 1.8.1 from Google Play to access new features such as:
1. Message Forwarding: Forward your messages onto other colleagues for easier information sharing and collaboration. It works the same as forwarding your emails. Message forwarding is a great way to share information with your colleagues that would benefit from knowing the information, but were not in the original chat. Save time with Message Forwarding by forwarding messages onto other colleagues instead of repeating information.
2. Easy Talk Widget: Install the Voxer Easy Talk Widget and vox directly from the home screen of your Android device. The Easy Talk Widget comes as great news and lots of time saved. Instead of navigating to the app, opening the app, and finding the chat you wish to reply to, you can now vox directly from the widget on your home screen. Even better, the Easy Talk widget works great with Walkie Talkie Mode. You can enable the Easy Talk Widget in your Voxer Settings.
3. Walkie Talkie Mode: Formerly known as Live Interrupt Mode, with Walkie Talkie Mode your phone has the ability to function like a two-way radio that can stream messages from your phone (or to a bluetooth or wired headset) even if your phone is locked and your Voxer app is closed. Better battery life, improved performance, and increased reliability are some of the improvements you’ll notice.
4. New Headset Integrations: Voxer Business’ Walkie Talkie Mode now supports the Klein Triumph headset. Download Voxer v.1.8.1, to stream messages directly to your Klein Triumph headset. Did you know that you can buy some of our supported headsets directly from our website? Please visit the Voxer Store to see make any purchases. For a list of all supported headsets, please read our FAQ page.
*Note: If you already use the consumer Voxer app for personal use, please consider keeping the old Voxer Business application on your device, as well as the new Voxer, version 1.8.1 from Google Play to use both accounts at the same time.
If you have questions or any feedback please email email@example.com.
We have some exciting news for Voxer Business users on iOS devices! Allow us to introduce you to Voxer version 3.4 - a brand new experience for iOS. In Voxer v3.4, expect countless new features to make your communication as fast and productive as possible.
If you are currently using the Voxer Business app found in the App Store, please download the consumer Voxer app, named “Voxer”, also found in the App Store to access all the new features. After downloading v3.4, log in with your existing business credentials and you’re ready to vox. You can then uninstall the “Voxer Business” app from your device.
Download Voxer v.3.4 from the App Store to access new features such as:
1. Walkie Talkie Mode: Formerly known as Live Interrupt Mode, with Walkie Talkie Mode your phone has the ability to function like a two-way radio that can stream messages from your phone (or to a bluetooth or wired headset) even if your phone is locked and your Voxer app is closed. Better battery life, improved performance, and increased reliability are some of the improvements you’ll notice.
2. New Look & Feel: Upon logging in, you’ll notice a completely redesigned interface and user experience.
3. Speed Improvements: We revamped our code to bring you the fastest Voxer app yet. Log in and you will immediately notice a faster app, along with increased audio and networking reliability. Your contacts load within seconds and messages are sent and received faster than ever, enabling us to give you the fastest possible response time.
4. Read Receipts: Voxer on iOS now includes read receipts with every message, so you know when your message was delivered and played, as well as by who for group messages. Messages will show as sent, delivered, or played (or “read” for text messages, “seen” for pictures). For more information on Read Receipts, check out our FAQ page.
5. Rename Your Group Chats: You asked for it - you now have the ability to change the name of previously created group chats. Once inside the group chat, simply select the Chat Settings icon, rename your chat, and select return to save. For more detailed instructions, along with screenshots, please see our Support Page.
*Please Note: Voxer v3.4 requires iOS version 7.0 or higher. If you are not operating on iOS 7.0 or higher, please update your iOS software to use Voxer v3.4.
If you already use the consumer Voxer app for personal use, please consider keeping the old Voxer Business application on your device, as well as the new Voxer, version 3.4 from the App Store to use both accounts at the same time.
Questions or feedback? Let us know! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone who has ever planned a large event, understands how many logistical pieces must come together to make an event successful. These logistics cannot align successfully without fast and efficient communication. Event planners and staff have long relied on two-way radios or walkie talkies for event communication needs, but in the age of smartphones and ever-advancing technologies, walkie talkies are outdated and limited in features.
Why Walkie Talkies Just Don't Cut It
There are quite a few limitations with walkie talkies that can create communication barriers, leaving you and your entire team vulnerable to communication errors.
1. Range Restrictions: Walkie Talkies are often limited by range. Most walkie talkies and two-way radios have a range of around 100 feet, or even shorter if your range is limited by physical barriers and landmarks.
2. Interruptive: Radios are bulky, loud and interruptive. With an ongoing stream of information coming through at all times, blaring messages from a walkie talkie are disruptive for your guests. What’s worse, if the event is particularly loud, messages can be missed among the noise, leaving event staff out of the loop and missing critical event information. Additionally, with different channels on walkie talkies, you might miss important messages completely because they are not saved.
3. Expensive: Lastly, radios are expensive. Renting radios for a single event can cost up to $250.00, while buying radios is exponentially more expensive with thousands of dollars in annual licensing fees and hundreds of dollars spent per radio.
Introducing, the Smart Two-Way Radio
We call Voxer Business “the smart replacement for two-way radios” because Voxer takes the essential element of live voice communication from walkie talkies and combines it with other added features that make Voxer Business more flexible, more affordable, and more suitable for the 21st century.
For starters, Voxer Business works on any iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8 device and even on your computer. If employees already have a smartphone, once you sign them up, they can download the Voxer app right onto their phone, sign in, and start sending messages. Voxer Business customer, Wolf Trap Foundation, a nonprofit theatre group based in Virginia made the switch to Voxer Business from two-way radios for their signature fundraiser event last year. Assistant Director of Events, Jen Schnizler told us,
The event couldn’t have gone better, and Wolf Trap raised a record amount of funding in support of early childhood arts and education programs.
Moreover, Voxer works on any data network (3G, 4G, LTE and WiFi) and also works in areas where coverage is limited, eliminating the range restrictions of walkie talkies. Every message on Voxer is sent live and also simultaneously recorded for later playback. If there is no data connection, the message waits on the device until service is restored and is then sent out.
With Voxer Business, you can even control the level of interruption. As previously stated, every message on Voxer is sent live and simultaneously recorded. If a member of your event staff is helping a guest, the message will be available to listen to on their device when they have a chance to listen. Or users can enable Walkie Talkie Mode, a Voxer Business feature that allows voice messages to play aloud as they come in, either directly from the phone or from a wired headset or lapel speaker to use the service handsfree.
Event and conference management company, Boardroom Events recently made the switch from walkie talkies to Voxer Business because they found walkie talkies so interruptive at their events. Speaking about Voxer Business, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at Boardroom Events, Charlene DeCesare, said,
Finally, Voxer is more affordable. Voxer Business costs only $9.95/month per user with no contracts, licensing fees or extra equipment needed. Voxer Business even allows you to scale your number of subscriptions as needed, so you can increase or decrease the number of seats in your account at any time. Intel Capital saved over $67,000 by switching to Voxer Business for their annual Sales and Marketing meeting. Intel’s Special Events Coordinator, Tammy King said,
These are just a few ways Voxer Business can benefit event managers and coordinators. For a full list of benefits, please read our Events Management White Paper. If you have questions about using Voxer Business for your events, please contact email@example.com.
The importance of efficient and effective team communication with an organization cannot be emphasized enough. Poor communication can cost companies hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. A study by Siemens Enterprise Communications found that $26,041 is the cumulative cost per worker, per year due to productivity losses resulting from communication barriers. The good news is by implementing specific strategies with a unified communication solution such as Voxer Business, your business can avoid communication mishaps.
Here are five strategies to implement for stronger company communication:
1. Clearly Communicate Goals and Objectives with Every Department:
It is imperative that everyone in the company, no matter their role, has a clear understanding of the company goals and mission. When employees feel a part of the company objectives, they are more engaged, and more likely to communicate openly with other employees and managers. With Voxer Business, you can segment your company into specific teams by department, job function, manger, etc. and relay information to specific people instantly. Every message on Voxer is sent live, while also simultaneously recorded so employees always have a record of what was communicated, which holds everyone accountable.
2. Consolidate Company Communication:
Between phone calls, text messages, emails, and third party communication solutions, company communication can become overwhelming. When all company communication takes place in a single location, employees understand exactly where they need to look to be kept in the loop. Voxer Business streamlines company communication on employees' existing smartphones or smartphones provided by the company. With Voxer Business, you can send text, image and voice messages directly from your smartphone or computer to your entire company, keeping everyone connected, in one place.
3. Provide Multimedia & Voice Options:
Typing out long emails is tedious, phone calls are disruptive, and text messaging is too time-consuming. Not to mention, without tone and inflection from someone’s voice, text messages and emails risk being misunderstood. Voxer Business enables everyone in your organization to communicate with voice messages, which can come in handy, especially for long messages that take too much time to compose and type. Voxer Business even provides the option to send photos and text messages. There are instances, specifically in construction, a manufacturing plant, or out in the field when a photo speaks volumes more than a voice or text message ever can. Text messaging on Voxer is a useful feature as well for any customer service industry such as event management or hospitality. Every message sent on Voxer even provides location data, so you can see exactly where someone was when they sent a message, which can be extremely useful for distributed workforces.
4. Allow Everyone to Contribute:
Top-down communication strategies can leave some employees feeling disengaged. Therefore, it’s important to allow open communication between all employees at all levels in the organization. With Voxer Business, every employee you sign up has the ability to communicate with anyone in the organization directly from their smartphone or computer.
5. Make Information Available At All Times:
It’s important that employees have access to any information they need at anytime. We all get distracted at times, and it is imperative that information is recorded so it can be referenced later. As stated earlier, every single message on Voxer Business is recorded so you can go back and reference information at anytime. You can even save messages directly to your computer on Voxer Business so particularly important messages can be saved on your computer and accessed whenever you need.
These are just five ways Voxer Business, coupled with effective communication strategies can dramatically improve communication at your business. If you are interested in hearing more ways Voxer Business can transform your company communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voxer enthusiast and all star, Joe Mazza currently serves as Project Manager for Connected Teaching, Learning and Leadership in the North Penn school district in Pennsylvania. A longtime Voxer advocate, Joe has been spreading the good word about Voxer to the education community.
Joe believes Voxer is an incredibly useful tool for educators in particular because it creates a collaborative place for teachers to share ideas, challenges, victories, and stories. Through Voxer, Joe has connected educators from all over the United States in one place.
In a recent blog post, Joe explained:
“The truth is, voxing with those in your PLN is like creating, in real-time, your own personal podcast that you can decide who is involved, when you listen/respond and what topics you cover. Being able to use my own words and hear the tone, empathy, and extended articulation in the voices of others around the world helps me connect on a deeper level on a wide range of topics. The best part about it is that I can participate whenever it’s convenient for me, but I can always go back and see what I missed.”
Educators and teaching professionals have increasingly been turning to Voxer as a way to connect with other teachers. What originally started out as a community on Twitter that connected through the hashtag #EdTech has grown into a group of educators from all over the country that connect daily on Voxer. Back in February, another group of educators on Voxer reached out to us to explain how much they love using Voxer.
If you are an educator looking to get involved, you can connect with Joe on Twitter. Do you have your own collaborative professional network on Voxer? We want to hear about it! Tell us more about it in the comments below.
Just a few blocks from Voxer HQ, Apple made some huge announcements at WWDC 2014. Most notably, the announcement of iOS 8, bringing a bundle of new features to iMessage, including voice messages.
Some people have said that “voice is dead”, but we disagree. The way people communicate is quickly evolving. Nowadays, we still want to talk, but in the fastest and most convenient way possible.
That said, we’re excited to hear that Apple sees the importance of voice in the future of mobile messaging. And yes, we know a few of you are wondering what makes Voxer so different now.
So, here’s a few notable things:
1. Live voice is faster.
Voxer features both live and recorded audio. This provides a number of benefits, but most importantly, it means that you can have a conversation with someone in real-time versus waiting for a message upload, get sent, be listened to, then a response recorded, uploaded, sent, and so on.
Did you know that half of the messages that are sent on Voxer are responded to within 16 seconds? Some even get a response while a person is still talking! That’s live voice in action.
2. You can talk across devices.
Don’t limit yourself solely to voice chats with your friends on iPhones. Your Android and Windows Phone friends need love too. iMessage is strictly iOS to iOS, but Voxer is cross-platform, and works on any iOS, Android or Windows Phone 8 device.
3. You have the freedom to use any data network.
You can use Voxer anywhere in the world without worrying how many text messages you have left on your plan. We don’t care if you’re on 3G, 4G, LTE or WiFi. As long as you’ve got a data connection, you can use Voxer.
In fact, you can even use it when you’ve got no connection at all. We’ll hold messages on your device until your connectivity is restored. No need to try tapping an error again and again to send your messages, it just goes!
4. Interruption is optional.
The “Do Not Disturb” feature on iOS has been a savior for avoiding those middle of the night pings from iMessage, but we decided to take things further and let users customize notifications for each conversation.
With Voxer, you can turn notifications off for some chats or flat out block messages from people you don’t want to talk to. And if you like, go crazy and crank it up to 11 with Extreme Notifications - you won’t miss a thing with those loud, repetitive alerts.
Oh, and by the way, we’ve got even more features to boast if you’re using Voxer Pro or Voxer Business. Check out more info about those services at voxer.com.