It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another installment of Walkie Wednesday. On Walkie Wednesdays, we share tips and tricks for the optimal Voxer experience.
This week, we're diving into Location Sharing. Voxer's Location Sharing feature enables you to view your friend's location of the last vox they sent. With Location Sharing, friends can view your location too. This feature can come in handy if you're trying to meet up with a friend and want to know their ETA. Or if you are meeting up with someone and need to know where they are. It's especially useful if you are traveling with friends or a large group.
How it Works: To view your location, open a chat and select a message you sent, select the location pin in the bottom right hand side of the chat and a map will appear showing the location of that vox. To view a friends location, perform the same steps.
How to Turn it On/Off: You have the ability to turn Location Sharing off. By default, Location Sharing will be enabled in your Voxer app. To turn off Location Sharing or turn it back on go to settings > your account > switch "Location" on or off.
How are you using Location Sharing on Voxer? Let us know in the comments below.
Questions or feedback? You know the drill. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We recently launched Voxer for Web, the complete push-to-talk Voxer experience you have with the Voxer app, now available on your laptop or desktop! Our web team has been listening to your feedback, and we are happy to announce Voxer for Web 1.2.0 is now available for all Voxer Business users. Version 1.2.0 is complete with new improvements that will make your Voxer for Web experience the best yet.
1. Increased Speed: Clicking the Push-To-Talk button used to create a one-two second lag before you could begin recording, this has been fixed and now works instantaneously! The increased speed cuts down the message sending time by over ninety-eight percent!
2. Chat Width: Chats are no longer stretched to fit the screen when switching from multiple chat windows to the only one open at a time. Chat windows are now sized accordingly to the width of the screen and number of chats you have open.
3. Image Scaling: Image sizing has been improved too! Opened images are now scaled to the size of the screen.
We hope these improvements make your experience on Voxer for Web even better! Questions or feedback? Please let us know in the comments below or reach out to us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earlier this week, we hosted the first ever Voxer Thanksgiving Giveaway Contest asking you to show us what you are thankful for this Thanksgiving. Well we asked and we received! We were flooded with pictures of pets, kids, and families. All of your pictures were fantastic and brought huge smiles to the all of our faces. The Voxer team voted, and we chose two second place winners and a first place winner who will all receive Voxer swag bags.
Thank you to everyone who participated. Your photos reminded us to also be thankful this holiday season. Below are the winners as well as our some of our favorite submissions. From the entire Voxer team to you and your family, Happy Thanksgiving!
Look at that adorable face! His Dad even suggested we build a "bite to vox" feature. Again, a huge thank you to everyone that participated. We had so much fun receiving all of your photos. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
One of my passions has always been music. I've been a musician for more than 50 years now. For the last 15 years or so, my favorite thing to do is share music online through a little-known internet rare oldies station called Rockin' Radio.
There are three other DJs besides myself on Rockin' Radio. Two of the guys live in Atlanta, which is where Voxer comes in. I love using Voxer's group chat feature to record the incredibly detailed and sometimes rather long conversations about radio that myself and the other DJ's have.
On more than one occasion, I've driven home from work (a 45 minute drive sometimes) and voxed the entire way! I'd use an iTrip and plug my iPhone into the dash, and we can talk and chat the entire way. What's awesome about Voxer is if I can't catch the conversation live, I can open the app back up and hear all that I missed and pick up right where I left off.
Thanks Voxer for a great, great app!
Woodland Hills, CA
Voxer user since 2008
If you're in the construction industry, you understand how important it is to keep your projects on time and on budget. Successful projects are the result of successful team communication and collaboration. The traditional two-way walkie talkie systems used by many construction companies are limiting and can prevent your team from successfully communicating, preventing your projects from being successful too.
Allow us to introduce you to Voxer Business, the next generation of push-to-talk technology that gives you more capability and flexibility than any other communication solution on the market. Voxer Business is a multimedia push-to-talk application that enables you to send live or recorded voice messages to groups or individuals. Here are a few ways Voxer Business can help your construction business.
1. No Connectivity Restrictions: Voxer works seamlessly as you move between areas of great connectivity and no connectivity. If you're working at a site with no connection, messages will be recorded and saved until your connected is restored.
2. No Range Restrictions: With traditional two-way walkie talkies, you are limited to the range of the devices, because Voxer runs on 2G, 3G, 4G or WiFi, you can use Voxer anywhere you have a cellular signal or WiFi connection.
3. Your Smartphone is Your Walkie Talkie: You will no longer need to carry both your phone and your walkie talkie around with you because Voxer turns your existing smartphone into a walkie talkie. Voxer can function like a walkie-talkie and stream messages directly from your smartphone, even when you aren't inside the app.
4. Keep Mobile and Stationary Teams Connected: Voxer for Web enables project managers to manage multiple teams at multiple sites all from a computer. With Voxer for Web, you get all of the same functionality of Voxer's app on your desktop or laptop. One customer now saves over an hour of time per day with Voxer Business because their teams can check in remotely in the app using Voxer's location feature. Teams no longer have to come to the main site to check in and can go directly to their project site.
5. Broadcast Information Quickly: With the Voxer Business Manager, you can create teams and relay information to teams, groups of teams, or selected individuals, making team communication seamless. Everyone in the selected group receives the same information at the same time. Communicate with your team, suppliers, contractors, and designers all in one place.
6.Extreme Notifications: Construction sites are loud, making it easy to miss incoming messages or phone calls. Voxer's Extreme Notifications are really loud, repetitive alerts that go off every ten seconds for five minutes, or until you listen to the message.
7. Multimedia Messages: Not only does Voxer enable you to send voice messages, but you can also send text and image messages. Image messaging can come especially in handy if you need to send a picture of a site to your team, share Gantt charts, or coordinating with suppliers.
These are just some of the ways Voxer Business can help the efficiency of your Construction Business. Download our construction industry white paper to find out all the ways Voxer Business can improve your team communication.
Questions? Please get in touch with us directly by contacting email@example.com.
Thanksgiving is just days away, and in the spirit of giving thanks, we'd like to take the opportunity to thank you, our users, for making Voxer possible. Without our Community of awesome users, Voxer wouldn't be Voxer. So a huge thank you to all of our users that drive us to continually make Voxer better and better!
What are you thankful for? We want to know! We are having a Voxer Thanksgiving giveaway contest where we will be giving away a big package of Voxer swag to the submission of a photo of what you are most thankful for. Send us your most creative, innovative, funny, or sentimental photo of what you are thankful for and you could be the Voxer Thanksgiving giveaway winner! The giveaway package includes a Voxer hoodie, t-shirt, earbuds, and reusable water bottle.
To enter, submit your best picture of what you are thankful for to the Voxer Facebook Wall or submit it to us on Twitter by Tweeting @Voxer with the hashtag #Turkeyvox. The Voxer team will vote on our top three favorite photos! 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive a smaller Voxer giveaway bag. For official rules and requirements, please read below.
*Open to U.S. residents only. To win, you must live in the United States and have a valid shipping address in the United States. Must be a Voxer user and submit an original photo to win. Contest closes at midnight on November 26, 2013.
Voxer is a powerful push-to-talk service that works worldwide on any iOS, Android, or Windows Phone device. You can instantly send voice, text and photos to individuals and groups in real time.